PRESA – Pro poor Rewards for Environmental Services in Africa – aims at improving the livelihoods of smallholders living in the highlands of Eastern and Western Africa by enhancing fair and effective environmental service rewards. PRESA is run by the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF).
PRESA activities are designed in the form of action research and practical experience to directly influence and engage key stakeholders in active learning on payments or rewards for environmental services.This approach is aimed at catalysing policy support and private sector participation in environmental service agreements.
- Can Payments for Ecosystem Services Contribute to Adaptation to Climate Change? Insights from a Watershed in Kenya
- The costs and benefits of PES for forest management to landowners in Western Uganda
- Pricing rainbow, green, blue and grey water: tree cover and geopolitics of climatic teleconnections
- Implementing PES within public watershed management structures: A case of Sasumua watershed in Kenya
- Co-investment paradigms as alternatives to payments for tree-based ecosystem services in Africa
- PRESA stakeholder engagement on watershed management
- Call for abstracts: International workshop on ‘Ecosystem management and environmental justice’
- F3-Life wins the Climate Change Finance Innovation Award
- Green loan – an incentive for investing in soil and water conservation
- Connecting farmers to agricultural information through SMS services
biodiversity climate change employment Events forest carbon funding Guinea Issues Kenya Mt Kenya East News participation Policy pollution private sector reforestation Resource material Sasumua Study Tanzania Uganda Uluguru Mts water Western Kenya West Usambara Mts